- Home |
- Library |
- News & Events |
- RCSI Jobs |
- Portals |
- People Finder |
- Professional Exams |
- Professional Competence
- Student Life
- Schools &
- The Colles Institute
- National Surgical Training Centre
- Centre for Research and Development
- Emergency Medicine
- Colles Portal
- Surgeons in Practice
- Professional Competence
- Fellowships & Awards
- Fellows & Members
- National Office of Clinical Audit
- National Clinical Programme in Surgery
- Surgery Now Podcasts
- Academic Department of Surgery
- HSE with CPSP Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
- Research News & Events
- Research Areas
- Principal Investigators
- Institutional Research & Training Programmes
- Technology Cores & Research Facilities
- Research Office
- Employment and Studentship Opportunities
- Research Ethics
- Research Staff Association
- Technology Transfer Office & Management of Intellectual Property
- Research by Faculty
- Research by Academic Department
- Research by School
- About RCSI
Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery
The Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery was founded in 1974 and is the longest serving provider of post graduate nursing education in Ireland.
We offer a wide range of education programmes such as BSc, Post Graduate Diploma, MSc, and PhD. We have also established education partnerships with a number of large hospitals and health service agencies for the development and delivery of modules of clinical education.
Please note the closing date for applications for the Academic Year 2013-2014 is 14th June 2013.
"Maximising Day Surgery in Ireland"
12th April 2013
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Key Note Speaker: Mr. Mark Skues, President British Association for Day Surgery (BADS).
"Benchmarking in Day Surgery"
Topics to include:
• National Surgical Programme
• HIPE and day surgery
• Maximising primary care input in day surgery
• Patient Information - how well do we communicate?
• Standards for day surgery in Ireland
Registration is free but places are limited. Please click here to register
Please contact: www.rcsi.ie/nursing
The Faculty has been at the forefront of post graduate education in Ireland for over 30 years, and many of our past students hold strategic positions in the health services. For further infomation about the Facultys activities please see our Annual Reports for 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006,
We have developed a particular expertise in the delivery of post graduate education and this makes all of our education programmes very popular with nurses and midwives. We also collaborate with other departments of the college for multidisciplinary education and research purposes, including the Faculty of Medicine, Health Services, School of Nursing, School of Physiotherapy, and Department of General Practice.
We have an active research agenda and enjoy much success with competitive grant and funding opportunities through HRB and other health services research funding.
Finally, our excellent and expert team of academic and administrative staff are always available to assist you during your studies at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Prof. Seamus Cowman, Head of Dept
& Ms. Edna Woolhead, Dean.