- Study at RCSI
- Student Life
- Schools & Faculties
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Physiotherapy
- School of Nursing & Midwifery
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- Institute of Leadership
- Student, Academic & Regulatory Affairs
- Health Professions Education Centre (HPEC)
- Academic Departments
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Radiologists
- Surgical Affairs
- Research & Innovation
- Strategic Academic Recruitment Programme
- Research News & Events
- Research Areas
- Principal Investigators
- Research Networks & Centres
- Technology Cores & Research Facilities
- Research Office
- Employment Opportunities
- PhD Projects and Postgraduate Training Opportunities
- Research Ethics
- Technology Transfer Office & Management of Intellectual Property
- Research by Faculty
- Research by Academic Department
- Research by School
- Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- About RCSI
- CEO and Senior Management
- Annual Report
- 3U Partnership
- Contact us and location
- Venue hire
- New academic and education building
- RCSI and the wider community
- Quality Enhancement Office
- Academic Health Centre
- Irish Society of Urology
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences Strategy 2013 - 2017
- Medical Validation Ireland
- RCSI International
Off campus accommodation
The accommodation message board provides a host of listings for private rented accommodation - from one-bed apartments to host family accommodation.
The message board can be accessed by incoming students via Moodle. Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries or if you are interested in advertising on the accommodation message board.
Disclaimer: The properties listed on this noticeboard, including the owners/advertisers of same, are not inspected or vetted by RCSI. The accommodation message board is aimed at putting students in contact with individuals/bodies offering accommodation. As the College does not inspect/vet these properties or their owners/advertisers, and in the absence of any legal or binding agreement between said owners/advertisers and RCSI, the College can not be held liable for any accommodation, contacts, contracts, introductions and/or arrangements arising from the use of this noticeboard.
RCSI are pleased to recommend the following accommodation
Other student residences
- Aungier Street Student Residence (65-67 Aungier Street), Contact: Mary Deane, T: +353 87681 6064, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Broadstone Student Residence
- Chubb Properties (to view Chubb Properties video, please click here)
- Ziggurat Student Living/Residences
- Griffith College Student Accommodation
- National College of Ireland (NCI)
Rented accommodation generally falls into four main categories:
- Flats or apartments: The most popular, generally with one or two bedrooms.
- Houses: Probably the most economical, the house-share or rented house will usually entitle you to your own bedroom within a furnished house with mod cons and shared bills.
- Bedsitting rooms: in a bedsitting arrangement, you will have your own room with cooking facilities, but the bathroom and shower are shared with other residents in the house.
- Host accommodation: living with a family in their home.
Generally, rents in Dublin are paid monthly. An increasing number of landlords are requiring year-long leases, with a security deposit equivalent to one month's rent payable upon taking possession of accommodation. When renting accommodation, you are strongly advised to check the standard of the property on offer and the conditions relating to occupancy. It is highly recommended that you receive a written lease and a rent book to record rental payments. Never pay any money up-front before viewing and inspecting the property.
For further information about tenants rights and responsibilities, please visit the Threshold website.
How to find accommodation
The Student Services Office can not book accommodation for students, but we are available to give advice and assist in any way we can. We are always happy to advise students on suitable locations in Dublin, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Letting agencies are also a useful source, some of which are listed below:
- www.daft.ie - Check out Daft for Students, click here.
For Host Family accommodation, check out Homestay.com, Hosting Power (www.hostingpower.ie) or the accommodation message board above. Homestay Ireland are located on 7 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland and can also be contacted by phone: +353 1 675 3010.
Newspapers are useful for finding lists of accommodation once you have arrived in Ireland. The Evening Herald features properties to rent and accommodation sharing on a daily basis.
- www.abodedublin.com - large selection of luxury apartments near RCSI
- Short-Term Solutions - E: email@example.com
- Trident Property Services - T: +353 1 663 8534
- Hipson Properties - T: +353 1 676 8384; E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brookman Properties - T: +353 1 283 9088
Hotel accommodation/B&B accommodation
There is an excellent selection of hotels and bed & breakfast facilities available in the city centre. Quality and facilities will largely depend on how much you are prepared to spend. Further information is available at irelandhotels.com
Special hotel rates available for visiting parents.
*In order to avail of the special rates, please contact RCSI Travel who will assist you in your booking.
Booking fee of €10 plus VAT will apply.
Serviced apartmentsabodedublin.com offers a large selection of luxury serviced apartments near to RCSI. RCSI are pleased to recommend the Premier Apartments & Suites. Fully serviced and furnished self-catering apartments, conveniently located within walking distance of RCSI (Dublin city centre) and the RCSI office on the Ballymoss Road in Sandyford.
Premier Apartments & Suites
Premier Suites and Premier Apartments are a perfect alternative to the traditional hotel stay and are ideal for corporate guests, offering a similar service to a hotel but you have the facilities and extra space provided by an apartment. Each of the apartments are fitted out to a four star standard and include features such as LCD TVs, mini HIFIs and high speed broadband. There is a selection of one, two and three bedroom apartments and each consists of a bedroom(s), sitting room, dining area, full equipped kitchen and bathroom(s). All towels, linen and weekly housekeeping service are provided with the apartment.
You can view further details and virtual tours on the below websites.
Locations in Dublin
Premier Suites Dublin, 14 - 17 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2
www.premiersuitesdublin.com (Just a six minute walk to RCSI.)
Premier Apartments Dublin Sandyford - Sandyford Industrial Estate,
www.premierapartmentssandyford.com (Just a two minute walk to the Luas which takes you to RCSI within 15 minutes.)
Premier Suites Dublin
One Bedroom Suite: €109 per night
Two Bedroom Suite: €179 per night
Premier Apartments Dublin Sandyford
One Bedroom Apartment: €85 per night
Two Bedroom Apartment: €105 per night
All rates include taxes, overheads, towels, linen and broadband. Special rates are offered for extended stays. Please quote RCSI when making your booking.
Patricia Mulligan, Sales Manager
T: +353 1 639 1144; F: +353 1 639 1105; E:email@example.com