- Student Life
- Faculties & Departments
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Physiotherapy
- School of Nursing & Midwifery
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- Institute of Leadership
- Student, Academic & Regulatory Affairs
- Health Professions Education Centre (HPEC)
- Academic Departments
- Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Radiologists
- Surgical Affairs
- Research News & Events
- Research Areas
- Principal Investigators
- Institutional Research & Training Programmes
- Technology Cores & Research Facilities
- Research Office
- Employment and Studentship Opportunities
- Research Ethics
- Research Staff Association
- Technology Transfer Office & Management of Intellectual Property
- Research by Faculty
- Research by Academic Department
- Research by School
- Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- About RCSI
- CEO & Senior Management
- Annual Report
- 3U Partnership
- Contact Us & Location
- Venue Hire
- RCSI and the wider community
- Quality Enhancement Office
- Academic Health Centre
- RCSI Corporate Videos
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Class of 2013 Commemorative Video
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences Strategy 2013 - 2017
- RCSI International
If we don't stock a journal or a book, we can request a copy of an article or a book loan from other libraries.
Changes to Library Document Supply Service. March 2012
Following changes in the legal framework made at the request of publishers the British Library, one of the library document suppliers, has imposed new terms and conditions and additional costs for 2012.
Terms and conditions have changed for the application, copyright clearance and delivery of articles by the British Library. As a result each request made to the British Library on behalf of RCSI staff and students and healthcare professionals at Beaumont Hospital will be customized and quoted on a case by case basis.
Terms and conditions regarding articles sourced from our principal provider, Subito, are unchanged and prices remain under €14.
For further details on these changes or information on alternative suppliers contact:
Grainne McCabe firstname.lastname@example.org, Mercer Library, 402 2409 or
Breffni Smith email@example.com, RCSI Beaumont Hospital Library, 809 2545
To use the Document Supply Service
Please complete an application form for each item you wish to request. Application forms can be downloaded and printed (Mercer application form) (Beaumont application form) and are also available at the Library Service Desk. Copyright compliance requires that a copyright declaration be signed on each application.
This service is available to registered RCSI and Beamont Hospital staff and students.
Email enquiries or phone 402 2403 (Mercer Library) or 809 2531 (RCSI Beaumont Hospital Library)
- standard service: up to €14.00 per article, posted
€22 (plus postal charges)
Lost or damaged books
€228 (minimum charge)
Authors may place a copy in their Insititution's collection of e-publications. Try searching OpenDOAR, a collection of repositories
Most journal publishers provide pay-per-view access to individual articles. Cost vary according to publisher and payment is usually by credit card via the journal website.
Commercial Document Suppliers
Other commercial document suppliers provide articles through large databases of online journals to individuals. Examples are the British Library Direct service and Ingenta. Delivery may be online or by fax but unit costs for such services tend to be high.