- Study at RCSI
- Student Life
- Schools & Faculties
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Physiotherapy
- School of Nursing & Midwifery
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- Institute of Leadership
- Student, Academic & Regulatory Affairs
- Health Professions Education Centre (HPEC)
- Academic Departments
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Radiologists
- Surgical Affairs
- Research & Innovation
- Strategic Academic Recruitment Programme
- Research News & Events
- Research Areas
- Principal Investigators
- Research Networks & Centres
- Technology Cores & Research Facilities
- Research Office
- Employment Opportunities
- PhD Projects and Postgraduate Training Opportunities
- Research Ethics
- Technology Transfer Office & Management of Intellectual Property
- Research by Faculty
- Research by Academic Department
- Research by School
- Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- About RCSI
- CEO and Senior Management
- Annual Report
- 3U Partnership
- Contact us and location
- Venue hire
- New academic and education building
- RCSI and the wider community
- Quality Enhancement Office
- Academic Health Centre
- Irish Society of Urology
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences Strategy 2013 - 2017
- Medical Validation Ireland
- RCSI International
Frequently asked questions
When will I receive my guest tickets?
Guest tickets will be placed inside your conferring programme which you will receive at registration.
Do graduands require a ticket?
No. Graduands will be allocated a seat number which will be displayed on the front cover of their conferring programme. The number provided signifies the order in which graduands are called to the platform to receive their parchments.
Can I request extra tickets?
Yes. Extra tickets can be requested at the time of registering your attendance using the online facility. The requests will be then added to a waiting list and if successful, confirmation will be provided. Please be advised, it may be the week of the conferring before confirmation is available. We must ensure all attending graduands receive equal amount of tickets before additional can be allocated.
If I am unable to collect my gown during the designated time, can I collect my gown on the day of the conferring?
Yes. Phelan Conan will be onsite during the registration times with any remaining gowns for collection. Please ensure you bring along your booking reference number.
Can I postpone my conferring?
Unfortunately it is not possible to postpone your conferring.
What happens if I cannot attend my conferring?
If you are unable to attend your conferring you will be conferred 'in absentia'. You will be still required to register online by selecting the award you will be receiving along with the 'in absentia' option. Please note, if you select the 'in absentia' option you will automatically be removed from the attending list. If you wish to amend your registration, please ensure you notify the Conferrings team as soon as possible. If you opt to be conferred 'in absentia' you will receive your parchment in the post in the days following the conferring.
Is there access for people with special needs?
Yes. Please notify the conferrings team via email in advance of the conferring week, we will then ensure there is a suitable location reserved within the conferring hall.